Friday 11 March 2011

First Week So Far

Well the first week is done and dusted.  First impressions - this is definately going to a challenge!  A little weird to be the only girl in the class, but I'm fast learning that this doesn't make a difference to the boys in CAT, if any thing its kind of a bonus... they are all super polite and helpful, I can't really complain.
The class has a good relaxed vibe to it, and its easy to pick things up when its going at such a good pace, had my first exposure to a range of different tools this week.  Not best friends with the hammer, but I plan to be!  Power tools are pretty cool to use, although some of them are daunting to use, you can see the danger in them, & I'm not too keen to loose a finger any time soon.  Just trying to remember the safety tips reiterated all the time, hopefully that will keep my limbs intact.
Some of the tools I have difficulty in controlling, but I guess its just a technique thing that will come with using them often, other than that a really great week where I have learnt loads already.  Looking forward to see what next week brings.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, looks like some great material here to read through beginning from our first classes.

    ReplyDelete