Tuesday 27 September 2011

Scribers Again

We continued on with the scribers again today, as we didn't get to finish them off yesterday.  A few things I forgot to mention in yesterdays post was in regards to the fixing on of the scribers.  Before the holes are pre drilled in, the scriber actually has sealant put on the edge so that it gains weather protection. 
As the cut edges would have been recently stained to seal the timber, a good way to put the sealant on, is to hold the scriber up in the position it is going to be fixed & then marking out a faint line of its position with a pencil.  The sealant can then be applied to the inside of the line and the scriber can be positioned on top of this.

Also, with my second scriber that I cut, I used a jig saw.  Wish I had of discovered this yesterday - it made the job 1000 times easier, quicker & cleaner!  After today, I am not in any rush to do more scribers!


No comments:

Post a Comment